☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ TEMPORARY RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 870 – Sponsored Parent visa?
- The Subclass 870 – Sponsored Parent is for a parent of settled Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizen to come to or reside in Australia for 3 – 5 years.
- A parent does include a step-parent, biological or adoptive parent.
- Eligible citizens or permanent residents can sponsor their parent/s for a temporary stay in Australia.
- This visa enables you to live in Australia on a temporary basis.
- You are able to provide nominate a sponsor with a parent sponsorship that has been approved in the last six months.
- You can show that you can meet the costs of your intended period of stay in Australia
- You have health insurance for the period you will visit.
- You meet health and character requirements.
- You may be onshore or offshore when making this visa application.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this visa is granted.
- This visa is a cheaper alternative to other Parent visas with faster global processing times
- Permits a temporary stay only
- You will not be granted Australian working rights and must demonstrate sufficient finances to cover your intended stay.
- There must be an approved family sponsor in place.
- You may be able to visit your onshore partner during the processing of this visa, on a Visitor visa.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities – that is, you can arrive and depart Australia on this visa.
- You can may be able to apply for further 870 visa (up to a period of 10 years stay).
- Your dependents or partner may also apply for this visa if you intend for them to migrate with you. You must be able to prove this relationship.
We can also help you with the following:
- Subclass 804 – Aged Parent Visa
- Subclass 173 – Temporary Contributory Parent Visa
- Subclass 114 – Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Offshore)
- Subclass 838 – Aged Dependent Relative Visa (Onshore)
- Subclass 884 – Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Temporary)
- Subclass 864 – Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Permanent)