☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ TEMPORARY RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 485 – Temporary Graduate visa?
- The Temporary Graduate visa consists of two streams:
- Graduate Work Stream, which allows you to come to or stay in Australia for up to 18 months; or
- Post-Study Work Stream, which may allow you to come to or stay in Australia for 2 – 4 years.
- This visa is designed for graduates to obtain work experience in the workforce after the completion of their Australian studies.
- You hold or have held in the six months immediately before the application date, a Student Visa.
- You may be eligible to apply for the Graduate Work Stream if:
- You are a graduate of a course registered with CRICOS and;
- You are qualified in an occupation on the Skilled Occupations List; and
- Have a Skills Assessment.
- You may be eligible to apply for the Post-Study Work Stream if:
- You are an overseas student and;
- A recent graduate from an Australian institution and;
- Held your first student visa after 5th November 2011.
- You are younger than 50 years old.
- You meet English language requirements.
- You meet health and character requirements.
- The conditions attached to this visa require health insurance to be maintained for the period of the visa validity.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this application is made.
- You may be onshore or offshore at the time of the Department’s decision.
- This visa permits unlimited work rights.
- This visa permits unlimited study rights.
- You may bring your dependants and/or partner to Australia on your visa, or as a subsequent entrant.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities, allowing you to enter and exit Australia.
This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here. (hyperlink to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times)