☑ PATHWAY TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 820/801 – Partner Visa?
- The Partner visa is for couples that are
- (a) in a registered relationship;
- (b) living together and have been living together for over 12 months; or
- (c) married.
- This is a provisional permanent visa that has two steps:
- 1. Apply for the Subclass 820 visa, a temporary residency visa that allows you to remain onshore to live with your significant other until you can –
- 2. Apply for the Subclass 801 visa, a permanent residency visa that you can be considered for either:
- 24 months after lodging your Subclass 820 visa (if you have been granted your Subclass 820) or
- Once you are granted your Subclass 820 visa (if above the 24 month processing period).
- These visas enable you to live in Australia for the purpose of being with your partner.
- You are in a registered relationship, 12 month+ de facto relationship or you are married to an Australian permanent resident or citizen;
- You can demonstrate that you have met, know and have an established relationship with your prospective spouse;
- You are eighteen or older.
- You meet health and character requirements.
- You must be onshore when applying for this visa.
- You must be onshore when a decision is being made on your application.
- This visa grants you full working rights.
- This visa grants you full study rights.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities – that is, you can arrive and depart Australia on this visa multiple times.
- Your children can also apply for this visa if you intend for them to migrate with you.
- If you apply for this visa while already holding an Australian visa, you may be granted a bridging visa so that you can lawfully remain onshore during the processing period.
This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times