☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ PERMANENT RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent (Points-Tested)?
- A skilled visa for suitably qualified applicants, the Subclass 189 allows foreign residents to stay in, or come to and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
- An Expression of Interest must be lodged in order to potentially be invited by the Government to apply for this visa subclass.
- The Pool and Pass Mark for current invitations sits at 65 points.
- Invited by the Australian Government to lodge an application following a successful Expression of Interest invitation.
- Suitably qualified in an occupation dictated by the Department.
- Be points-tested under Schedule 6D of the Act.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this application is made.
- You may be onshore or offshore at the time of the Department’s decision on your application.
- This visa permits unlimited work and study rights.
- This visa enables you to bring your partner and children to Australia on your visa, or as a subsequent entrant.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities, allowing you to enter and exit Australia.
This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here. (hyperlink to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times)