☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ PERMANENT RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent (NZ Stream?)
- The Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent (NZ Stream) is a skilled permanent residency visa for eligible New Zealand citizens to live and work in Australia.
- This is a pathway for New Zealand citizens to obtain Australian permanent residency and eventually, citizenship.
- Eligible New Zealand citizens are those that have a Subclass 444 (New Zealand Special Category) Visa
- You must demonstrate that they meet or exceed the annual income threshold dictated by Australian legislation.
- Required residency period of five years to be demonstrated at lodgement, starting before or on 19 February 2016.
- You must meet character and health requirements.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this application is made.
- You may be onshore or offshore at the time of the Department’s decision.
- This visa permits unlimited work and study rights.
- This visa enables you to bring your partner and children to Australia on your visa, or as a subsequent entrant.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities, allowing you to enter and exit Australia.
This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here. (hyperlink to https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times)