☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ TEMPORARY RESIDENCY
What is the Subclass 500 – Student Visa?
- The Subclass 500 Student Visa enables foreign residents to come to, or remain within, Australia for the purpose of studying a CRICOS-Registered course.
- The visa can be granted for the period of your enrolment and for a maximum of five years, however multiple student visas may be obtained
- You must be at least six years old and if under the age of 18, at the very minimum nominate a Student Guardian (see Subclass 590 – Student Guardian for offshore nominees).
- You must be enrolled in a CRICOS-registered course, submitting evidence of enrolment with your application.
- Demonstrable proof of financial capacity for your period of stay.
- Health insurance is required for the period of the visa validity.
- You can be onshore or offshore when applying for this visa
- You can be onshore or offshore when your application is decided
- This visa requires the holder to be engaged in their course of studies in order to comply with the conditions of the visa. Failure to do so may result in a visa breach or cancellation.
- This visa contains a work restriction, which limits holders to 20 hours employment per week.
- Your partner and/or children may be able to accompany you on this visa should you be able to meet the financial threshold.
We can also help you with…
- Subclass 590 – Student Guardian Visa
Subclass 407 – Training Visa