David Bongiorno And Associates

☑     STUDY




What is the Subclass 500 – Student Visa?

  • The Subclass 500 Student Visa enables foreign residents to come to, or remain within, Australia for the purpose of studying a CRICOS-Registered course.
  • The visa can be granted for the period of your enrolment and for a maximum of five years, however multiple student visas may be obtained


  • You must be at least six years old and if under the age of 18, at the very minimum nominate a Student Guardian (see Subclass 590 – Student Guardian for offshore nominees).
  • You must be enrolled in a CRICOS-registered course, submitting evidence of enrolment with your application.
  • Demonstrable proof of financial capacity for your period of stay.
  • Health insurance is required for the period of the visa validity.


  • You can be onshore or offshore when applying for this visa
  • You can be onshore or offshore when your application is decided
  • This visa requires the holder to be engaged in their course of studies in order to comply with the conditions of the visa. Failure to do so may result in a visa breach or cancellation.
  • This visa contains a work restriction, which limits holders to 20 hours employment per week.
  • Your partner and/or children may be able to accompany you on this visa should you be able to meet the financial threshold.


We can also help you with…

  • Subclass 590 – Student Guardian Visa

Subclass 407 – Training Visa

Close Menu