☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ PATHWAY TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY
☑ EMPLOYER SPONSORED
What is the Subclass 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa?
- The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa is a pathway to permanent residency for suitably skilled workers employed in regional areas.
- This pathway enables rural employers in designated postcodes to sponsor foreign workers to address labour shortages in these postcodes.
- This is a pathway to permanent residency, with potential eligibility to apply for new the Subclass 191 permanent residency visa three years after three years of holding the Subclass 494.
- This visa enables you to live and work for up to five years within Australia.
- Suitably qualified foreign resident with an occupation recognized as a labour shortage under the Subclass 494 scheme.
- Three years work experience within that occupation to qualify.
- You must have a Skills Assessment.
- Proof that you meet the minimum English standards.
- You must be nominated by an entity that is an approved work sponsor.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this application is made.
- You may be onshore or offshore at the time of the Department’s decision.
- You are restricted to working, studying and living in a designated regional postcode.
- As this visa restricts your geographic location to designated postcodes, strict conditions may be attached to this grant, which includes:
- Condition 8579: Live, study and work in a designated regional area;
- Condition 8580: Provide proof of residential, school or work address
- Condition 8581: Attend a Departmental interview where and when requested
- Condition 8606: Be employed only in the nominated occupation
- This visa restricts you to working only for the approved sponsor or associated business.
- This visa enables you to bring your partner and children to Australia on your visa, or as a subsequent entrant.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities, allowing you to enter and exit Australia.
This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here.