☑ ONSHORE OR OFFSHORE
☑ TEMPORARY RESIDENCY
☑ STATE SPONSORED
☑ FAMILY SPONSORED
What is the Subclass 491 – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa?
- The Skilled Work Regional visa is a provisional residency visa for suitably skilled workers to live and work in regional areas for up to five years.
- This scheme encourages migrants to work in designated postcodes to addressing labour shortages in these areas.
- An Expression of Interest must be lodged in order to potentially be invited by the Government to apply for this visa subclass.
- The Pool and Pass Mark for current invitations sits at 65 points.
- Suitably qualified foreign resident with an occupation recognized as a labour shortage under the Subclass 491 scheme.
- Meet the Schedule 6D points test for migration.
- You must have a Skills Assessment.
- Proof that you meet the minimum English standards.
- Demonstrate that you meet health and character requirements.
- You must be sponsored by an Australian State or Territory agency OR an eligible family member.
- You may be onshore or offshore when this application is made.
- You may be onshore or offshore at the time of the Department’s decision.
- You are restricted to working, studying and living in a designated regional postcode.
- You must be invited to apply for this visa, and must lodge an Expression of Interest application in order to be considered for invitation.
- As this visa restricts your geographic location to designated postcodes, strict conditions may be attached to this grant, which includes:
- Condition 8579: Live, study and work in a designated regional area;
- Condition 8580: Provide proof of residential, school or work address
- Condition 8581: Attend a Departmental interview where and when requested
- This visa enables you to bring your partner and children to Australia on your visa, or as a subsequent entrant.
- This visa grants you multiple travel facilities, allowing you to enter and exit Australia.
- This visa has a global processing time, which can be found here.
We can also help you with the following:
- Subclass 132 – Business Talent (Permanent)
- Subclass 188 and 888 – Business Innovation and Investment visas;
- Subclass 890 – Business Owner
- Subclass 124 and 858 – Distinguished Talent visas
- Subclass 891 – Investor Visa
- Subclass 476 – Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa
- Subclass 489 – Skilled Regional (provisional) visa
- Subclass 887 – Skilled Regional Visa
- Subclass 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa
- Subclass 892 – State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa
- Subclass 893 – State or Territory Sponsored Investor visa
- Subclass 408 – Temporary Activity Visa
- Subclass 400 and 403 – Temporary Work visa